Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
computerkiller computerkiller is offline

Default Word keeps running install.

Everytime I run Word it runs the install program for Word first. No other
office program does this. How do I stop the install program from running? I
have reboot the system many times and that does not clear it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have multiple versions of Word installed, see the "Hacking the
Registry" section of the article at
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm.

If you are only running one version, see if logging in as Administrator
allows the installation process to complete properly.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"computerkiller" wrote in message
Everytime I run Word it runs the install program for Word first. No other
office program does this. How do I stop the install program from running?
have reboot the system many times and that does not clear it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tammy O[_2_] Tammy O[_2_] is offline

I would try a fresh install of the Office Software. Completely uninstall and
reinstall the software. Only if you have the keycode available.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

If you have multiple versions of Word installed, see the "Hacking the
Registry" section of the article at
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm.

If you are only running one version, see if logging in as Administrator
allows the installation process to complete properly.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"computerkiller" wrote in message
Everytime I run Word it runs the install program for Word first. No other
office program does this. How do I stop the install program from running?
have reboot the system many times and that does not clear it.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Only if you really know how to do a *complete* uninstall, that is, if you
know which registry entries that should be deleted. I certainly wouldn't
dare to try that!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP