Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve W Steve W is offline

Default Opening track changes document in Word 2007

I want multiple users to be able to see the changes in a document if they
want to, but to have the default view be final. But when I save the document
after working on it and then open it again, it always opens in display track
changes mode and confuses some users not familiar with track changes. (The
document was originally created in Word 2003.) How can I make the default
view final when it opens?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can't. If the document contains tracked changes, it will open with them
displayed. The setting that controls this (sort of) is on the user's
machine, so it's not anything you can do anything about. If you want them to
see the final view, then remove all the markup (accept all the changes and
delete all the comments) before sending the doc.

http://word.mvps.org

"Steve W" wrote in message
I want multiple users to be able to see the changes in a document if they
want to, but to have the default view be final. But when I save the
document
after working on it and then open it again, it always opens in display
track
changes mode and confuses some users not familiar with track changes. (The
document was originally created in Word 2003.) How can I make the default
view final when it opens?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karina Karina is offline

Hi all!

I have a similar problem hence:
Is there at least a way to avoid opening in the final with mark-up in my own
computer? Dealing with quality documents, I want to keep track of changes but
do not need to see them when I open the documents!

THanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

With all the caveats that this is NOT a good idea (see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...Changes.html):

In Word 2007, go to Office button Word Options Trust Center Trust
Center Settings Privacy Options. Uncheck the option "Make hidden markup
visible when opening or saving".

In earlier versions, the same option is at Tools Options Security.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Karina wrote:
Hi all!

I have a similar problem hence:
Is there at least a way to avoid opening in the final with mark-up in
my own computer? Dealing with quality documents, I want to keep track
of changes but do not need to see them when I open the documents!

THanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bryan Bryan is offline

That didn't work for me, but what did was launching Word07, then opening the
Normal.dotm. Then I went to the review ribbon, and clicked the arrow at the
bottom of the big track changes button. If you choose to change the
settings, you can make the insertions and deletion checkboxes set to 'none'.

Karina wrote:
Hi all!

I have a similar problem hence:
Is there at least a way to avoid opening in the final with mark-up in
my own computer? Dealing with quality documents, I want to keep track
of changes but do not need to see them when I open the documents!

THanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lhf113 lhf113 is offline

I have the EXACT same issue. I want the document to default to Final form,
and if I want to see the changes, I can hit "final showing markup" or
whatever it is called. I am very disappointed that the answer was "you
can't."