Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Matt S Matt S is offline

Default How to modify a Style

How do I modify a Style of the word document without changing all of the
pages to be modified as well? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You will need to explain what you mean - and in which Word version.
Styles are associated with paragraphs and characters. If you modify a style
all the text formatted in that style will change according to your changes.

"Matt S" wrote in message
How do I modify a Style of the word document without changing all of the
pages to be modified as well? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Matt S Matt S is offline

In word 2007. What I mean, is there a way to create a particular format, to
use in different spots. But not apply it to the whole documnent.

"Matt S" wrote in message
How do I modify a Style of the word document without changing all of the
pages to be modified as well? Thanks

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What do you mean by "format"? Word works on the Character and
Paragraph level. You can alter any one paragraph (or character), or
all the paragraphs with the same style, and you can have an unlimited
number of different styles.

Maybe what you're looking for is what Word calls a Theme? A Theme
contains lots of paragraph styles that are designed to look good when
you use them together, and you can change the Theme with a single
click, or you can assemble your own.

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

"Matt S" wrote in message
How do I modify a Style of the word document without changing all of the
pages to be modified as well? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Create a paragraph (for full paragraphs) or character style (for within
paragraphs) and apply it to the relevant text.

news

"Matt S" wrote in message
How do I modify a Style of the word document without changing all of
the
pages to be modified as well? Thanks

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Create a paragraph (for full paragraphs) or character style (for within
paragraphs) and apply it to the relevant text.

news

"Matt S" wrote in message
How do I modify a Style of the word document without changing all of
the
pages to be modified as well? Thanks

.

How do you modify a list style Mike G[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 3 December 22nd 08 08:39 PM
how do you modify a custom style set? Style Short cut keys don't w Bob Day[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 2 September 1st 07 08:20 PM
Modify Footnote Style CJ Page Layout 2 June 15th 07 02:00 PM
After modify style, do I add to template? Soccerman58 New Users 3 January 19th 06 08:53 AM
Modify style with picture jacobk Page Layout 1 April 21st 05 10:54 PM