Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SoundSculptor SoundSculptor is offline

Default How to make text that appears with C+ent without making new docs?

I've got a big project that would be a breeze to organize if I could take the
existing outline and enter the "candidate material" for each
heading/sub-heading/etc. in some hidden clickable text-gatherer [sub-doc of
somesort] that i could later refine down to the final presentation. I
thought I found a way, by creating hyperlinks to other documents where I'll
dump the 'candidate material" for each heading, but that makes a mess when I
need to move the parent document - and its 100+/- offspring - to another
computer. I'm using Word 2007.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz [RMF] Robert M. Franz [RMF] is offline

Hello SS

SoundSculptor wrote:
I've got a big project that would be a breeze to organize if I could take the
existing outline and enter the "candidate material" for each
heading/sub-heading/etc. in some hidden clickable text-gatherer [sub-doc of
somesort] that i could later refine down to the final presentation. I
thought I found a way, by creating hyperlinks to other documents where I'll
dump the 'candidate material" for each heading, but that makes a mess when I
need to move the parent document - and its 100+/- offspring - to another
computer. I'm using Word 2007.

define "big" (in terms of document size).

When you arrange all your content in one big document, outline view
might bring you almost where you are (you can there look at the document
displaying only the first n heading levels, for instance).

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |