Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joyce Joyce is offline

Default pasted picture won't appear

I'm running windows xp and word 2002. A week or so ago I could select a
portion of a map in streets and trips 2010 and copy it, then paste it in a
word document. It appeared fine and I could edit it. Now every time I try it
all I get is a box with a square, triangle, and circle in it. I can see the
picture on the clipboard. Pasting into paint works fine. I don't know what
changed. I've tried repairing word, but it doesn't help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
vttotal vttotal is offline

It is actually not uncommon that that problem is happening because you are
actually copying code rather than an image.

The best thing to do is this.

Open up your map and then press the "Print Screen" button in your keyboard.
After that go to paint and click "Paste." The whole desktop show show up with
your page opened up, etc. Select the region you want to copy and then cut it
and past it on Word. That should solve your problem,

Vicente Tulliano
--
Vicente Tulliano