Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrea[_2_] Andrea[_2_] is offline

Default Windows in Taskbar

I'm using Office 2007 with Windows XP, SP3. I have show all windows in the
taskbar checked off in options, but all my open Word documents are in one
window. I don't know how to explain that any better; I have to click on the
window, and my documents are listed there. Then I need to click on the one I
want to open. How can I get them all to display on my taskbar the way they
used to with Office 2003? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Note that if you have many documents open at the same time, they will be
grouped on the taskbar. To turn off that option: Right-click the taskbar and
choose Properties from the context menu. Clear "Group similar taskbar
buttons," and click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Andrea" wrote in message
I'm using Office 2007 with Windows XP, SP3. I have show all windows in the
taskbar checked off in options, but all my open Word documents are in one
window. I don't know how to explain that any better; I have to click on
the window, and my documents are listed there. Then I need to click on the
one I want to open. How can I get them all to display on my taskbar the
way they used to with Office 2003? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm glad I could help!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Andrea" wrote in message
I'm using Office 2007 with Windows XP, SP3. I have show all windows
in the taskbar checked off in options, but all my open Word
documents are in one window. I don't know how to explain that any
better; I have to click on the window, and my documents are listed
there. Then I need to click on the one I want to open. How can I get
them all to display on my taskbar the way they used to with Office
2003? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm glad I could help!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Andrea" wrote in message
I'm using Office 2007 with Windows XP, SP3. I have show all windows
in the taskbar checked off in options, but all my open Word
documents are in one window. I don't know how to explain that any
better; I have to click on the window, and my documents are listed
there. Then I need to click on the one I want to open. How can I get
them all to display on my taskbar the way they used to with Office
2003? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What _is_ the official name for the rectangles in the taskbar with the
program or document name?

On Mar 25, 2:27*pm, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
I'm glad I could help!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Stefan Blom wrote:
Note that if you have many documents open at the same time, they will
be grouped on the taskbar. To turn off that option: Right-click the
taskbar and choose Properties from the context menu. Clear "Group
similar taskbar buttons," and click OK.

"Andrea" wrote in message
.. .
I'm using Office 2007 with Windows XP, SP3. I have show all windows
in the taskbar checked off in options, but all my open Word
documents are in one window. I don't know how to explain that any
better; I have to click on the window, and my documents are listed
there. Then I need to click on the one I want to open. How can I get
them all to display on my taskbar the way they used to with Office
2003? Thanks.-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What _is_ the official name for the rectangles in the taskbar with the
program or document name?

On Mar 25, 2:27*pm, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
I'm glad I could help!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Stefan Blom wrote:
Note that if you have many documents open at the same time, they will
be grouped on the taskbar. To turn off that option: Right-click the
taskbar and choose Properties from the context menu. Clear "Group
similar taskbar buttons," and click OK.

"Andrea" wrote in message
.. .
I'm using Office 2007 with Windows XP, SP3. I have show all windows
in the taskbar checked off in options, but all my open Word
documents are in one window. I don't know how to explain that any
better; I have to click on the window, and my documents are listed
there. Then I need to click on the one I want to open. How can I get
them all to display on my taskbar the way they used to with Office
2003? Thanks.-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't know if there is a specific name (other than "grouped taskbar
buttons" that is).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
What _is_ the official name for the rectangles in the taskbar with the
program or document name?

On Mar 25, 2:27 pm, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
I'm glad I could help!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Stefan Blom wrote:
Note that if you have many documents open at the same time, they will
be grouped on the taskbar. To turn off that option: Right-click the
taskbar and choose Properties from the context menu. Clear "Group
similar taskbar buttons," and click OK.

"Andrea" wrote in message
.. .
I'm using Office 2007 with Windows XP, SP3. I have show all windows
in the taskbar checked off in options, but all my open Word
documents are in one window. I don't know how to explain that any
better; I have to click on the window, and my documents are listed
there. Then I need to click on the one I want to open. How can I get
them all to display on my taskbar the way they used to with Office
2003? Thanks.-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't know if there is a specific name (other than "grouped taskbar
buttons" that is).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
What _is_ the official name for the rectangles in the taskbar with the
program or document name?

On Mar 25, 2:27 pm, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
I'm glad I could help!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Stefan Blom wrote:
Note that if you have many documents open at the same time, they will
be grouped on the taskbar. To turn off that option: Right-click the
taskbar and choose Properties from the context menu. Clear "Group
similar taskbar buttons," and click OK.

.. .