Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jhelkins jhelkins is offline

Default TOC in HTML Frames

In Word 2003 I could save a document as HTML. I could put the Table of
Contents in a Frame where each entry in the TOC was a link to the place in
the text. I did this with the "format" command on. I can't find this
capability in Word 2007. Does anybody know where it is?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Frame commands aren't in the Ribbon by default but they are available.
Right-click your Quick Access Toolbar and then click Customize Quick Access
Toolbar. From the Choose Commands From List, select Commands Not In The
Ribbon. There you'll find Frames and Frame Properties.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"jhelkins" wrote in message
news
In Word 2003 I could save a document as HTML. I could put the Table of
Contents in a Frame where each entry in the TOC was a link to the place in
the text. I did this with the "format" command on. I can't find this
capability in Word 2007. Does anybody know where it is?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jhelkins jhelkins is offline

Thanks, Beth.

I also discovered that I could replace the regular TOC with a linked TOC.
This is really what I wanted to do in the first place. The advantage of the
frame, however, is that I don't necessarily lose my place in the main text.
Frames, however, are deprecated in modern HTML.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

Frame commands aren't in the Ribbon by default but they are available.
Right-click your Quick Access Toolbar and then click Customize Quick Access
Toolbar. From the Choose Commands From List, select Commands Not In The
Ribbon. There you'll find Frames and Frame Properties.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"jhelkins" wrote in message
news
In Word 2003 I could save a document as HTML. I could put the Table of
Contents in a Frame where each entry in the TOC was a link to the place in
the text. I did this with the "format" command on. I can't find this
capability in Word 2007. Does anybody know where it is?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Yep, they've been depreciated which is why they aren't in the Ribbon by
default. :-)

For your viewing and navigation, have tried the Document Map? You can turn
it on using the View tab. This places a pane to the left of the document
that you can use for navigation similar to your TOC.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Beth Melton" wrote:

Frame commands aren't in the Ribbon by default but they are available.
Right-click your Quick Access Toolbar and then click Customize Quick
Access
Toolbar. From the Choose Commands From List, select Commands Not In The
Ribbon. There you'll find Frames and Frame Properties.

"jhelkins" wrote in message
news
In Word 2003 I could save a document as HTML. I could put the Table of
Contents in a Frame where each entry in the TOC was a link to the place
in
the text. I did this with the "format" command on. I can't find this
capability in Word 2007. Does anybody know where it is?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dbender dbender is offline

Is there a way I can create something like the Document Map in an html
format? I'd love to have a frame to the left with the TOC (like Document
Map) and the actual content in the main frame. Do you know a way?

"Beth Melton" wrote:

Frame commands aren't in the Ribbon by default but they are available.
Right-click your Quick Access Toolbar and then click Customize Quick
Access
Toolbar. From the Choose Commands From List, select Commands Not In The
Ribbon. There you'll find Frames and Frame Properties.

news In Word 2003 I could save a document as HTML. I could put the Table of

Frames SJT Microsoft Word Help 1 October 25th 06 02:13 AM
frames Bob Microsoft Word Help 2 August 17th 06 07:29 PM
frames martin Microsoft Word Help 3 July 10th 06 10:11 AM
I need help with frames Hans L Page Layout 5 February 19th 06 04:29 AM
frames Frank Drost Microsoft Word Help 1 June 23rd 05 10:24 AM