Table disappears at edge of landscape page in Print layout view on

Old September 10th 10, 05:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sue Harris

Default Columns is the culprit

I know this is an old thread but I had exactly the same problem and found the solution on another thread so thought I would post here.

Columns is the culprit. I had just one line at the top that had been set to 2 columns. I selected all in my document and set to one column and the problem is rectified.

Hope this helps someone.

On Monday, November 30, 2009 1:20 PM doiesile wrote:

I was entering data in an ordinary table in portrait page setup and decided I
needed to make the table wider so changed the page set up to landscape. As I
added columns, towards the right the edge of the table edges disappear as
well as the text in them. If I change to normal view or web layout view they
are there and intact but print layout view and print preview cuts them off.

I have tried select all and pasting into a new landscape document but the same
thing happens cannot see the right edge.

I have checked the margin sizes they all seem to be normal, I have fiddled about
with them making them bigger and smaller, not much changes.

it is incredibly frustrating, please help if you can!

On Monday, November 30, 2009 1:24 PM doiesile wrote:

I am using Word 2003

"doiesile" wrote:

On Monday, November 30, 2009 1:50 PM Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

On the Table tab of Table Properties, set the table width to 100%.

http://word.mvps.org

On Thursday, December 03, 2009 8:20 AM doiesile wrote:

Thanks Suzanne but it has not worked. It has centered the table within the
margins. The shaded blue area on the right margin is reaching a third of the
way across the page. When I add columns it bunches them up within the same
area. I pull out the edge of the table and the table moves over to the left
and off the page and the edge of the table on the right still disappears.

When I change the alignment of the table on the page to Right alignment,
visually the table moves towards the left and disappears off the page
(whereas to the right the edge of the page/paper is visible but the table
border is not visible, mid column.

I hope what I am saying makes written sense, it certainly does not make
logical sense to me!

If you have any more advice, I'd really appreciate it, I have got to fill this
table to be able to tender to win some work!.

Thanks so much.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On Thursday, December 03, 2009 8:47 AM Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

Your mention of a "shaded blue area on the right margin" suggests that the
document contains markup and you are in Final Showing Markup view, with
space allowed for the balloons. If you disable balloons in the Track Changes
Options, do you still see a problem? Also, make sure that on the Table tab
of Table Properties you have None set for text wrapping. If the table is
wrapped, then that could be the cause of the problems. And be aware that,
whenever you drag a table by its handle (as you have very likely done during
this exercise), it becomes wrapped.

http://word.mvps.org

On Thursday, December 03, 2009 10:11 AM doiesile wrote:

Hi again, thanks for responding so quickly! There have definitely been no
tracked changes in the document, no balloons or mark up. I have wrapped and
unwrapped the table a few times already. I did not know about your last point
but I have since checked and it is still unwrapped.

I wish I could send you a screen print of how it looks or the document
itself..

Thanks for trying Suzanne, I will have to find another solution for my table.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On Thursday, December 03, 2009 11:19 AM Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

You can send the document to me by email, and I will take a look.

http://word.mvps.org

On Tuesday, December 08, 2009 11:45 PM Frustrated from Oz wrote:

It would be good to understand if and how you fixed this as I have the same
problem. thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On Tuesday, December 08, 2009 11:47 PM Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

"doiesile" did not send the document to me, so I am still clueless about what
is going on.

http://word.mvps.org

On Thursday, September 09, 2010 10:14 PM Sue Harris wrote:

I know this is an old thread but I had exactly the same problem and found the solution on another thread so thought I would post here.

Columns is the culprit. I had just one line at the top that had been set to 2 columns. I selected all in my document and set to one column and the problem is rectified.

Hope this helps someone.

ASP.NET HttpPostedFile Image Resizer
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...e-resizer.aspx

Old February 23rd 11, 07:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Andy Hughes

Sue

Thanks for this - it solved my problem immediately (same as original posting). I had used a previous version of the document as a template and had inherited the columns setting.
It also solved a problem with centering on the title page, so I'm assuming that was where the extra column had been added.

Andy

On Friday, September 10, 2010 12:44 AM Sue Harris wrote:

I know this is an old thread but I had exactly the same problem and found the solution on another thread so thought I would post here.

Columns is the culprit. I had just one line at the top that had been set to 2 columns. I selected all in my document and set to one column and the problem is rectified.

Hope this helps someone.

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
ASP.NET Drawing a chart using OWC11 - Office Web Components
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...omponents.aspx

Old February 10th 12, 06:33 PM
Builder Brian Builder Brian is offline

Just to confirm what Sue Harris said...I was able to fix problem by setting table properties to one column.

Select/highlight the table, go to Format, then Columns, then click one column under presets and click OK

Brian

[quote=Sue Harris;491486]I know this is an old thread but I had exactly the same problem and found the solution on another thread so thought I would post here.

Old April 7th 18, 07:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

Default Table disappears at edge of landscape page in Print layout view on

Columns were not the culprit for me.

I solved my similar problem by opening in print preview mode, changing orientation from landscape to portrait, exiting print preview, then changing the orientation back to landscape through the normal Word interface. That worked for me.
Old June 8th 18, 03:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On Tuesday, December 08, 2009 11:47 PM Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

"doiesile" did not send the document to me, so I am still clueless about what
is going on.

http://word.mvps.org

ObjectDumper LINQ To Export Collection Via .NET Reflection
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...flection..aspx

Thank you, Sue Harris. I know I am ten years late to this party, but that solved a table problem I have been struggling with for the last two months. I think I copied a template and it somehow affected my landscape tables in subsequent MS Word files. Very frustrating.

Doug