continuous page numbering through section breaks

Old May 16th 14, 01:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

Default continuous page numbering through section breaks

Stefan,

I was just having the same problem and your Macro just saved my life! Thanks!!

On Monday, August 24, 2009 8:30:27 PM UTC+2, Stefan Blom wrote:
What you are doing should be working. However, sometimes Word doesn't
recognize certain modifications and consequently won't allow you to save the
document.

After you've selected the "Continue from previous" option, does it help if
you also make a change in the document, such as adding and deleting a
character, before saving?

You may also want to try running the following macro, just to be sure that
the restart option is being modified for all sections (even continuous ones
without visible headers and footers):

Sub ContPageNumbering()
Dim s As Section
For Each s In ActiveDocument.Sections
s.Footers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).PageNumbers _
.RestartNumberingAtSection = False
Next s
End Sub

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jmc" wrote in message
The page numbering in footer returns to 1 after every section break in my
long document. I've repeatedly "fixed" this by clicking the "Continue from
previous section" button in the Page Number Format dialog box for each
section and saved the document. But when I open the document again, each
section starts back at page 1. I'm using Word 2007, odd and even page
headers
and footers. What am I missing? Thanks.

Old April 23rd 15, 05:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

"jmc" wrote in message
The page numbering in footer returns to 1 after every section break in my
long document. I've repeatedly "fixed" this by clicking the "Continue from
previous section" button in the Page Number Format dialog box for each
section and saved the document. But when I open the document again, each
section starts back at page 1. I'm using Word 2007, odd and even page
headers
and footers. What am I missing? Thanks.

Thank you, Stefan! Your macro worked like a charm and saved me hours of work!!! Thank you very much!!!
Old April 30th 15, 10:56 AM
Erwin Erwin is offline

Smile

Thank you so very much, Stefan, I spent well over an hour trying to fix this and finding a solution - yours proved to be exactly what I needed!
Old May 25th 15, 01:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom[_3_]

I'm glad I could help, even though it has been almost six years after I
posted that message. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old May 2nd 16, 09:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

This macro is very helpful. How can I omit the page 1 and start number 1 at page 2. Thank you.
Old June 8th 18, 09:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

"jmc" wrote in message
The page numbering in footer returns to 1 after every section break in my
long document. I've repeatedly "fixed" this by clicking the "Continue from
previous section" button in the Page Number Format dialog box for each
section and saved the document. But when I open the document again, each
section starts back at page 1. I'm using Word 2007, odd and even page
headers
and footers. What am I missing? Thanks.

How do you run a macro??????
Old March 13th 19, 02:35 PM
Big_Dru Big_Dru is offline

Location: Canada

Thank you, I had a similar problem, but thanks to your advice, I solved it.