Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kurt[_2_] Kurt[_2_] is offline

Default Prevent layout change in protected document

A created a survey in MS Word 2003 using form elements (check boxes,
drop down menus, and text fields). I protected everything but the
"Filling in forms" elements. The user can click only on the form
elements and not on the text of the survey, etc.

However, if the user is in a fillable text field, he can hit the Enter
key and insert a hard return (he can insert 400 if he wants to). This
can obviously affect the overall layout of the survey. Is there a way
I can prevent this from happening (a way that doesn't involve macros)?
I tried applying a style to the survey text, and then limit the
formatting to everything but that style (Tools Protect Document 1.
Formatting Restrictions ...), but that had no apparent affect
(probably because Word sees the user as within the fillable text field
when he hit Enter).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kurt