Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Debra Ann Debra Ann is offline

Default Update Fields in Footnotes

Word 2003

I have the following two sets of code but neither updates fields that are
placed in my footnotes. What code do I need to get the footnotes updated?

Selection.WholeStory
Selection.Fields.Update

ActiveDocument.Fields.Update
--
Debra Ann
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Generally, you can use the macro at
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm to update fields in all stories
(headers, footers, text boxes, and so on). However, this does not seem to
work (reliably) for fields in footnotes. You may want to ask in a
programming newsgroup such as microsoft.public.word.vba.general for
assistance with this.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Debra Ann" wrote in message
Word 2003

I have the following two sets of code but neither updates fields that are
placed in my footnotes. What code do I need to get the footnotes updated?

Selection.WholeStory
Selection.Fields.Update

ActiveDocument.Fields.Update
--
Debra Ann

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The update macro you refer to should update fields contained in footnote
entries, and does so in my tests here - however it is true that sometimes
individual problematic story ranges may have to be addressed separately. If
you find that it doesn't update the fields in your document, let me know
more about the document and its fields that don't update.

"Debra Ann" wrote in message
Word 2003

I have the following two sets of code but neither updates fields
that are placed in my footnotes. What code do I need to get the
footnotes updated? Selection.WholeStory
Selection.Fields.Update

ActiveDocument.Fields.Update
--
Debra Ann

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Debra Ann Debra Ann is offline

One more question, is there a way to get it to not have the popup "you cannot
update this command, do you wish to continue?"

Thanks,

--
Debra Ann

"Debra Ann" wrote in message
Word 2003

I have the following two sets of code but neither updates fields
that are placed in my footnotes. What code do I need to get the
footnotes updated? Selection.WholeStory
Selection.Fields.Update

ActiveDocument.Fields.Update
--
Debra Ann

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Actually, when testing it again, it seems to work as advertised in my test
document. I don't know what went wrong the first time.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP