Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
*muffin* *muffin* is offline

Default disappearing cursor when I 'tab' over

my document has over 50 cells in a table. I mostly have no problem using the
TAB or the up/down/left/right keys to move from cell to cell to type
something in. the cursor point shows up in MOST of them, but in a couple it
is invisible (the letters show up fine when I type) . I have spent the day
searching the google posts & other sites to find a solution, but nothing
solves 'my' problem.
are there any suggestions? it is not random, just in specific cells,
the curser does show up with the arrow keys, but not when I TAB over to
them. it is livable, but I'd like to know what is wrong.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

One thing that could result in the cursor disappearing is _negative_ left
and/or right indentation in a table cell (will cause the text area to exceed
the cell borders - the cursor will be hidden if placed in the invisible
area). You could check the left and right indentation below €śIndentation€ť in
Format Paragraph Indents and Spacing tab.

Note that I included almost the same explanation in a post I recently added
to your previous thread (you may not have seen it yet - it also contains
answers to your other questions). See:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...f-c5a8ced9b1cc

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"*muffin*" wrote:

my document has over 50 cells in a table. I mostly have no problem using the
TAB or the up/down/left/right keys to move from cell to cell to type
something in. the cursor point shows up in MOST of them, but in a couple it
is invisible (the letters show up fine when I type) . I have spent the day
searching the google posts & other sites to find a solution, but nothing
solves 'my' problem.
are there any suggestions? it is not random, just in specific cells,
the curser does show up with the arrow keys, but not when I TAB over to
them. it is livable, but I'd like to know what is wrong.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
*muffin* *muffin* is offline

I went back & found the post you were talking about, I'll study that.

I did check out what you said about the indentations in that particular
cell. it does not have any negatives & is set for center alignment. the
curser still disappears when I TAB to it .
hmmmmmm

"Lene Fredborg" wrote in message
One thing that could result in the cursor disappearing is _negative_ left
and/or right indentation in a table cell (will cause the text area to

exceed
the cell borders - the cursor will be hidden if placed in the invisible
area). You could check the left and right indentation below

?oIndentation?ť in
Format Paragraph Indents and Spacing tab.