Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
J J is offline

Default Autosave ability

I am needing a way for users on a network to be able to automatically save
the Word, and Excel, documents.
I have several users that will open word at 8 a.m. and not close it until
they go home at 5 p.m.
Is there anything I can get or do so that every 10 minutes or so the actual
file will be saved with no user intervention or training required?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
J J is offline

Does that program automatically run in the background or does it have to be
started everytime a document is created and/or opened?

"J" wrote:

I am needing a way for users on a network to be able to
automatically save the Word, and Excel, documents.
I have several users that will open word at 8 a.m. and not close it
until they go home at 5 p.m.
Is there anything I can get or do so that every 10 minutes or so the
actual file will be saved with no user intervention or training
required?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

SaveReminder is an add-in. It starts with Word.
Frankly it would drive me crazy, but it will save those Word documents.

AutoSave Sue Microsoft Word Help 1 May 8th 06 09:25 PM
Why didn't my autosave work? MrE2me Microsoft Word Help 2 December 29th 05 11:13 PM
Backup and Autosave Greg Microsoft Word Help 3 November 15th 05 02:05 PM
Autosave Stefan Blom New Users 1 April 12th 05 10:59 AM
autosave john andrew Microsoft Word Help 1 March 21st 05 12:32 PM