Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
C and A Bredt C and A Bredt is offline

Default Margins in Word 2007

I want to be able to know what the margins are currently set to in a
document in Word 2007.

I am working on documents created in an earlier version of Word. When I
click Page Layout, Margins, it gives me a choice of available margins and
lets me create custom margins, but I don't know what the margins already are
set to.

Thanks, CB
--
C and A Bredt

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

C and A Bredt wrote:
I want to be able to know what the margins are currently set to in a
document in Word 2007.

I am working on documents created in an earlier version of Word. When
I click Page Layout, Margins, it gives me a choice of available
margins and lets me create custom margins, but I don't know what the
margins already are set to.

Thanks, CB

When you click Page Layout, instead of clicking the Margins button, click
the tiny arrow button in the lower right corner of the Page Setup group --
this is a "dialog launcher" that opens the Page Setup dialog. You'll find
your current margins there.

More than a few of the groups on various ribbons have dialog launchers, and
they usually display a dialog that's (almost) the same as the one in earlier
Word versions.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
C and A Bredt wrote:
[...]

so all may benefit.

Works Great !!!

I looked all through Help, but I would never have figured that one out.
Many thanks, CB