Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
P B P B is offline

Default Problem Batch Creating PDFs from Word with a Macro

Hello,

I need to create approximately 300 PDFs from Word documents. I have
Acrobat Professional 6.0. I found this thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...61a2a&safe=off

that appears to be the solution to my problem.

I "installed" the macro described in the above post and ran it on a
folder containing two Word files to test it. Before running the macro, I
ensured that "View PDF Results" and "Prompt for Adobe PDF filename" were
unchecked in the Adobe PDF printer properties. Then, when I run the
macro, it properly asks which folder to find files to convert, and opens
the "Creating Adobe PDF" window.

The problems seem to begin when the PDF printer tries to write the PDF
file to the output folder. It seems that it always tries to save PDF
files to "My Documents\" (that's what it says next to "PDF Folder" in the
Creating Adobe PDF window). The "PDF Name" displayed in the Creating PDF
window is the same as the .doc name, but with a .pdf extension instead
(which is what I want).

After a few seconds, the Creating Adobe PDF window seems to freeze, and
I get the "Document Failed to Print" notification from the printer.
Here's the strange thing: when I open the print queue for the Adobe PDF
printer, the "Port" is listed as "My Documents\*.pdf" instead of "My
Documents\document name.pdf"

So the print job fails for the first document, and then it and the other
document sit there in the print queue until I manually delete them.

Does anyone have a clue what I can to to get this working? All the
people that I found who have used this macro (again, included within the
above link) seemed to have it work without a hitch.

--
Klein bottle for rent -- inquire within.