Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fabian Fabian is offline

Default Dublicate index entries

Hi,

somehow, I've got the same entry appearing several times in my index. Could
that be because of different formats? It looks like this

Sample Text
Sub-Sample Text 18
Sub-Sample Text 18
Sample Text 11, 14, 18
Sample Text 30
Sample Text 39

The Text is absolutely identical.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fabian Fabian is offline

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. That could be. I'll have a look at it as soon as
possible... But what about "Sample Text" which appears 5 times on different
pages but is shown seperately?

Greets

On Jun 9, 7:30 am, Fabian wrote:
Hi,

somehow, I've got the same entry appearing several times in my index. Could
that be because of different formats? It looks like this

Sample Text
Sub-Sample Text 18
Sub-Sample Text 18
Sample Text 11, 14, 18
Sample Text 30
Sample Text 39

The Text is absolutely identical.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ah. I didn't get that that was part of your complaint. That suggests
that the text within the XE field is not absolutely identical -- Word
doesn't care what the document text is, only what's typed inside the
XE field -- so check for leading or trailing spaces, nonbreaking
spaces, accented vs. plain letters, or any other differences. It's
also possible that when you have a second-level index entry, all the
first-level ones will have to end with a semicolon (if I'm correctly
remembering that that's the marker Word uses to set off the second
level).

On Jun 9, 7:30 am, Fabian wrote:
Hi,

somehow, I've got the same entry appearing several times in my index. Could
that be because of different formats? It looks like this

Sample Text
* *Sub-Sample Text 18
* *Sub-Sample Text 18
Sample Text 11, 14, 18
Sample Text 30
Sample Text 39

The Text is absolutely identical.

Regards-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

XE fields for second-level entries are { XE "First:Second" } (that is,
colon, not semicolon).

http://word.mvps.org