Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fabian Fabian is offline

Default citing two different sources with the same year and author

Hi,

when I'm citing two document from the same author and the same year, both
are cited the same:

(author, 2008) and (author, 2008)

how can I change that to unique identifiers, like

(author, 2008#1) and (author, 2008#2)

? ... and - I'm just wondering - why isn't that done automatically?

Greets, Fabian
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

On 2 nov, 22:24, Fabian wrote:
Hi,

when I'm citing two document from the same author and the same year, both
are cited the same:

(author, 2008) and (author, 2008)

how can I change that to unique identifiers, like

(author, 2008#1) and (author, 2008#2)

? ... and - I'm just wondering - why isn't that done automatically?

Greets, Fabian

It's not supported. And with the way how in-text citations are
currently handled, it can't be done without external help.

From http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...74921033.aspx: "If
you choose a GOST or ISO 690 style for your sources and a citation is
not unique, append an alphabetic character to the year. For example, a
citation would appear as [Pasteur, 1848a].". So Microsoft is saying
that you have to do it yourself.

Yves
--
http://www.codeplex.com/bibliography