Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
*muffin* *muffin* is offline

Default Tabs cannot seem to get it right

I have a table at the top of the page that I want to put 3 tabs in so I can
type in words at the 3 different stops. for some reason no matter what I try
I cannot get it to put any tabs besides the first one! I can't place the
curser anywhere in the line unless I move the 1st stop. I have read a few
suggested websites & the the "help" itself in the program, but it just is
not working. am I thinking too hard on this?
any simple 'dummie' instructions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You should be able to just click in the cell you want the stops in, then
click the bottom edge of the Ruler at the spots where you want the stops
set. You can't "place the curser[sic]" anywhere if there isn't already
content of some sort. Once you have the stops set use the Control key while
you press Tab to go from stop to stop.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones