Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
J J is offline

Default Image wrapping style (figure this out and youre a genius)

No one in this company or in our vendor can solve this problem.

We have an XML document containing a company logo that we convert into a
word document and send to a Xerox printer (when we print this locally there
is never a problem, it's only when we print to a major production printer).
The image showed up randomly for the same job (i.e. we'd send 6 jobs to
print, 3 of them would print the logo - and it would be the same file)

We figured out that the image wrapping style was 'In Front Of Text'. We
changed this to 'In Line With Text' and this caused it to ALWAYS print out.
The problem was when it's 'In Line with Text' the quality is degraded. So
it's either have it print out 50% of the time or have the image quality
degraded.

I've tried everything - I've included the image in the header, i've changed
the margins, etc. I need this logo to print out 100% of the time in the
higest quality. Something about putting it 'In Line With Text' is degrading
this. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi J

J wrote:
No one in this company or in our vendor can solve this problem.

We have an XML document containing a company logo that we convert into a
word document and send to a Xerox printer (when we print this locally there
is never a problem, it's only when we print to a major production printer).
The image showed up randomly for the same job (i.e. we'd send 6 jobs to
print, 3 of them would print the logo - and it would be the same file)

With "XML document" you are referring to

- a document.xml from Word 2003 professionalm
- a document.docx from Word 2007,
- a document.xml from somehere else?

A company logo cannot reasonably be in "XML format". You need a bitmap
or vector graphics format. So, what is it? Can you explain your workflow
a bit more?

We figured out that the image wrapping style was 'In Front Of Text'. We
changed this to 'In Line With Text' and this caused it to ALWAYS print out.
The problem was when it's 'In Line with Text' the quality is degraded. So
it's either have it print out 50% of the time or have the image quality
degraded.

Never heard about differences in print based on Shape/InlineShape. That
doesn't mean there cannot be such cases.

..2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

You might try turning off background printing in Word. The forces Word to
send the completed print job to the printer. If background printing is on
then the image may not be sent to the printer in time. There's a difference
in how content in the text layer is handled (inline) and how objects in the
drawing layer (in front of text for example) is handled.

If that doesn't work you might try turning off the spooler for the printer.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word