Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Chris O Chris O is offline

Default Checkbox into a merge "switches"

Hello, I am trying to import data from ACT as a mail merge, checkboxes show
up in word as "true" or "false". I would like it to say "Y" or be left
blank. How can I change the data in the switch info so it can do this?
Thanks!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Use and If...then...Else field

{ IF { MERGEFIELD fieldname } = "true" "y" "" }

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of Field Delimiters { } and you use
Alt+F9 to toggle off their display.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Chris O" wrote in message
Hello, I am trying to import data from ACT as a mail merge, checkboxes
show
up in word as "true" or "false". I would like it to say "Y" or be left
blank. How can I change the data in the switch info so it can do this?
Thanks!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Chris O Chris O is offline

Hi Doug

Thanks for that, unfortunately ACT didn't like that, it came up with the
error "object has been deleted", I know it also doesn't like the date format
switches either.

The info when going ALT F9 is:
{ DOCVARIABLE [ACTFIELD]TBL_CONTACT.CUST_AgriculturalEquipment_121246028 \*
MERGEFORMAT }

The extension is actually .adt instead of .doc, not sure if that affects it
at all.

I have asked this question on the ACT website, but I am yet to get any
response.

Thanks,
Chris

"Chris O" wrote in message
Hello, I am trying to import data from ACT as a mail merge, checkboxes
show
up in word as "true" or "false". I would like it to say "Y" or be left
blank. How can I change the data in the switch info so it can do this?
Thanks!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Use

{ IF { DOCVARIABLE
[ACTFIELD]TBL_CONTACT.CUST_AgriculturalEquipment_121246028 \*
MERGEFORMAT } = "true" "y" "" }

I am not sure where you are seeing the extension .adt so cannot comment on
its significance

--

"Chris O" wrote in message
Hi Doug

Thanks for that, unfortunately ACT didn't like that, it came up with the
error "object has been deleted", I know it also doesn't like the date
format
switches either.

The info when going ALT F9 is:
{ DOCVARIABLE [ACTFIELD]TBL_CONTACT.CUST_AgriculturalEquipment_121246028
\*