Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Biochemiker Biochemiker is offline

Default old Word 1.x & 2.x documents with 2007 - how?

How can I open my old 1.x and 2.x Word docs with 2007? It is not supported
with Office 2007. Are there converters available or any other tools?

Thanks
Nenad
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I would start with the changes described he

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922849

Although the article says that Word 1 and Word 2 documents are "not
supported" in Word 2007, I can open both types here. I think what they mean
is "Word 2007 will not convert all Word 1 and Word 2 documents" and/or "will
not convert all features in Word 1/Word 2 documents."

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk