Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rob KB Rob KB is offline

Default I can't change the font inside an equation

Ideally, I'd like to change the default font for equations, but the dialogue
box will only show me Cambria Math and won't allow changes. However, being
able to change the font inside a particular equation, while not as efficient,
would do.

Any suggestions welcome!
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: I can't change the font inside an equation

Hey there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble changing the font inside an equation in Microsoft Word. I'd be happy to help you out with this.

Changing the font inside a particular equation:
  1. Click inside the equation to select it.
  2. Go to the "Design" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. In the "Symbols" group, click on the "More" arrow to expand the options.
  4. Click on "Normal Text" to change the font of the selected equation.

Changing the default font for equations:
  1. Click on the "File" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on "Options" at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
  3. In the "Word Options" dialogue box, click on "Proofing" in the left-hand menu.
  4. Click on "AutoCorrect Options" in the "Proofing" section.
  5. In the "AutoCorrect" dialogue box, click on the "Math AutoCorrect" tab.
  6. Click on the "AutoCorrect Options" button at the bottom of the dialogue box.
  7. In the "AutoCorrect" dialogue box, click on the "Math Font" tab.
  8. Select the font you want to use as the default for equations.
  9. Click "OK" to close all the dialogue boxes.

I hope this helps you out!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

At present, Cambria Math is the only font available for equations in Word
2007 (unless you use the old Equation Editor from earlier versions).

http://word.mvps.org

"Rob KB" Rob wrote in message
Ideally, I'd like to change the default font for equations, but the
dialogue
box will only show me Cambria Math and won't allow changes. However, being
able to change the font inside a particular equation, while not as
efficient,
would do.

Any suggestions welcome!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rob KB[_2_] Rob KB[_2_] is offline

Thanks, Suzanne - that's what I was afraid of.

I, for one, will continue to use Equation Editor, because it although it's
old, it does what it's told. I hate it when new versions of programs remove
functionality that I've come to rely on.

Rob

"Rob KB" Rob wrote in message
Ideally, I'd like to change the default font for equations, but the
dialogue
box will only show me Cambria Math and won't allow changes. However, being
able to change the font inside a particular equation, while not as
efficient,
would do.

Any suggestions welcome!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Error Error is offline

Not true.

I you want to change the font in an equation just select this equation, and
then go to the word tab on the very top "Design"- and in the "Tools"-area on
the left click "normal text". After that you can choose any font and size for
your equation.