Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
BIKKERGAL BIKKERGAL is offline

Default hEADERS, GRAPHICS & MARGINS

I HAVE A GRAPHIC (TIF) THAT I NEED TO HAVE AT THE TOP OF MY WORD DOCUMENT. I
NEED IT TO STAY THE SAME SIZE ALL THE TIME AND DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO SKEW IT.
THIS DOCUMENT WILL BE SHARED WITH MANY STAFF TO USE AS "LETTERHEAD" FOR OUR
COMPANY. STAFF NEED TO BE ABLE TO CHANGE THE MARGINS FOR THEIR LETTERS
WITHOUT CHANGING THE MARGINS OF THE GRAPHIC. FOR EXAMPLE:

I NEED THE GRAPHIC TO BE AT .5 ON THE LEFT AND RIGHT, BUT THE EMPLOYEE WANTS
THEIR LETTER TO START AT 1.2 ON THE LEFT.

IS THERE ANY WAY TO LOCK THE GRAPHIC AT .5 ON EACH SIDE BUT ALLOW EMPLOYEES
TO CHANGE MARGINS FOR THE ACTUAL LETTER CONTENT? I WOULD LIKE TO SEND THEM
THE ORIGIANL IN THIS FORMAT SO THEY WON'T EVEN NEED TO CHANGE THEIR MARGINS.

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED GREATLY!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

With the insertion point inside the header, add the graphic. Position the
graphic relative to the page edges, using the Advanced Layout dialog box.
(In Word 2007, you can right-click the graphic, click Text Wrapping, and
then click More Layout Options to display the dialog box.) On the Text
Wrapping tab, choose "Square" (not "In line with text"); then specify the
vertical and horizontal position on the Picture Position tab.

For more on letterheads, see also
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm.

--
Stefan Blom