Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jim In Minneapolis Jim In Minneapolis is offline

Default Location of "normal.dot" file in Word 2007 under Vista ULTIMATE?

I would like to BACK-UP the "normal.dot" (or whatever it's called) file for
Word 2007 running under Vista Ultimate. My goal is to save the toolbar
settings and macros . . . and then COPY that "normal.dot" file . . . to
ANOTHER computer running Vista.

Hopefully, that way I won't have to recreate the custom toolbar icons, etc.

What is the CORRECT name of the file I am looking for?? (probably not
"Normal.dot")

And will it save my toolbar icons, when tranferred to another Vista machine?

Thanks