Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jessica from Mt Sinai

Default Addressing envelopes in Word?

I am using Word 2003 (tools, letters and mailings, envelopes and labels) to
address large invitation envelopes. I am using manual feed and just typing in
each address (not very sophisticated!); I figured out how to get the envelope
size correct and how to get the address printed in the right position. The
problem is, I would like to use 14 or 16 point font, and when I do that, some
of the address lines go to a second line. I can't get the program to allow me
to make long lines stay on one line: "Mr. & Mrs. Charles and Mary Wollencot"
goes onto 2 lines, for example. There is plenty of space on the envelope to
fit the whole line; the problem is the program is forcing it onto two lines
when I want it to be one line. Thanks for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

The address on an Envelope is formatted with the Envelope Address style.
That style defines a Frame into which the address is inserted. What you
need to do is increase the dimensions of that Frame so that the address will
fit on the one line.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.