Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Computerdumb Computerdumb is offline

Default How do I list numbers 1 to 100 with typing them all?

I want to list numbers from 1 - 100 but don't want to type them all in
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I list numbers 1 to 100 with typing them all?

You can use the "AutoFill" feature in Microsoft Word to quickly and easily list numbers from 1 to 100 without having to type them all in manually. Here's how to do it:
  1. Type the number "1" in a blank cell or document.
  2. Highlight the number "1" and move your cursor over the bottom right corner of the cell or text box until it turns into a small black cross.
  3. Click and drag the small black cross down to the number "100". This will automatically fill in all the numbers in between.
  4. Release the mouse button and you should now have a list of numbers from 1 to 100.

Alternatively, you can also use the "Fill Series" feature to accomplish the same thing. Here's how:
  1. Type the number "1" in a blank cell or document.
  2. Type the number "2" in the cell or document directly below the number "1".
  3. Highlight both numbers "1" and "2".
  4. Move your cursor over the bottom right corner of the cell or text box until it turns into a small black cross.
  5. Click and drag the small black cross down to the number "100". This will automatically fill in all the numbers in between.
  6. Release the mouse button and you should now have a list of numbers from 1 to 100.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Copy and paste from he
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Computerdumb wrote:
I want to list numbers from 1 - 100 but don't want to type them all in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Numbering Changes Numbering Changes is offline

ha ha ha

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

Copy and paste from he
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100

--

Computerdumb wrote:
I want to list numbers from 1 - 100 but don't want to type them all in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Freeman Dan Freeman is offline

ROFL

Greg Maxey wrote:
Copy and paste from he
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100

Computerdumb wrote:
I want to list numbers from 1 - 100 but don't want to type them all
in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You used Excel, didn't you? That's cheating. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Greg Maxey" wrote in message
Copy and paste from he
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100

--

Computerdumb wrote:
I want to list numbers from 1 - 100 but don't want to type them all in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Al Al is offline

insert a table 2 columns 100 rows. Select first col and auto number then
copy firsgt col and paste unformatted text.