Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jade Jade is offline

Default How to use cross reference for in table equation

Hi Suzanna,

I followed the way showed in the blog to cross reference equations using
three-column table and multi-level list. I works great. However, how can I
cross-reference the equation number i.e. (1.1) when I talk about the equation
in my paragraph.
Ex. I want to say: "please refer to equation (1.1) " cross reference" so
when the equation number changes for any reason such as adding more equations
above it the cross reference in the sentence follow the new change.

Thanks alot
Jade
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I don't know which blog you are referring to, but, generally, you can insert
a cross-reference to "Numbered item" in the Cross-reference dialog box. To
access the dialog box, click the Insert tab, and then click Cross-reference
(Word 2007).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jade" wrote in message
Hi Suzanna,

I followed the way showed in the blog to cross reference equations using
three-column table and multi-level list. I works great. However, how can I
cross-reference the equation number i.e. (1.1) when I talk about the
equation
in my paragraph.
Ex. I want to say: "please refer to equation (1.1) " cross reference" so
when the equation number changes for any reason such as adding more
equations
above it the cross reference in the sentence follow the new change.

Thanks alot
Jade

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

This is something MathType will do automatically -- no construction of
tables, no figuring out how to insert the reference in the text. Just
click an icon and MathType does the rest. You can format the numbers
however you want: (1), (1.1), 1-1, [A-1.1], etc. Add or remove an
equation and MathType updates everything.

To find out more about MathType or to try it free for 30 days, head
over to the website linked in my signature.

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jade Jade is offline

Stephan,

I tried that but when I chose "Numbered items" as my reference type, the
only choice I get for insert reference to are (paragraph number, paragraph
text, ...etc). I want to insert the equation number like (1.1),(1.2), ...etc.
Note: the equations numbers (1.1),(1.2),..etc are shown in the "for which
number item box" but they are only used to reference the paragraph number of
text to.

Thanks
Jade

"Jade" wrote in message
Hi Suzanna,

I followed the way showed in the blog to cross reference equations using
three-column table and multi-level list. I works great. However, how can I
cross-reference the equation number i.e. (1.1) when I talk about the
equation
in my paragraph.
Ex. I want to say: "please refer to equation (1.1) " cross reference" so
when the equation number changes for any reason such as adding more
equations
above it the cross reference in the sentence follow the new change.

Thanks alot
Jade

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you are saying that there are multiple numbers, a paragraph number and an
equation number, you should be able to cross-reference them separately. Was
the equation number created as a field? Then you could bookmark it and
insert a cross-reference to the bookmark text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP