Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
djjones djjones is offline

Default How do I write a macro that updates a calculated field in a form?

I have a small table in a WORD form with a simple formula that I would like
to have automatically calculate for the end users. The formula is SUM(above).
I don't want the users to have to lock & unlock the form, but can not figure
out a macro to unlock, calculate the SUM or insert the formula, and re-lock
the form. The macro stops recording as soon as I click the lock form button.
Also, can I create a "button" within the form for the macro? Any
suggestions? Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You don't need a macro to update the field. Calculated fields in protected
documents update automatically provided (a) "Calculate on exit" is checked
for each form field that contributes to the calculation, and (b) users tab
out of the fields (a proper "exit") rather than just click elsewhere.