Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ashok Ashok is offline

Default what does this field code mean { HYPERLINK \l "_Toc204395999" }

please clarify...

A TOC in my document has all the entries with such field codes...
Could you please explain how the TOC is bulit and hyperlinked with the
subject field code??
Ashok
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

A TOC field with the \h switch will include entries that are hyperlinked to
the corresponding headings. The "_Toc204395999" part of the hyperlink would
be the bookmark created for a heading by the TOC. But ordinarily when you
display a TOC field, you see only that field, not the underlying HYPERLINK
fields, so I'm at a loss to explain the situation you describe unless
someone has manually created a TOC based on TOC bookmarks already created.

"ASHOK" wrote in message
please clarify...

A TOC in my document has all the entries with such field codes...
Could you please explain how the TOC is bulit and hyperlinked with the
subject field code??
Ashok

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Follow-up. I just checked, and if you select a single TOC entry in a linked
TOC and press Shift+F9, this is indeed the type of field code you will see.
I usually use Alt+F9 to toggle all field codes, so I hadn't seen this. So
this is just an ordinary linked TOC.