Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
GJ GJ is offline

Default Automatically fill a text box when a field is updated

I have a document where when i fill in a field it automatically fills a text
box elsewhere in the document. I would like to know how to know how to
replicate this feature.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
GJ GJ is offline

Suzanne, Thank you.

I tried the suggestion and it worked, but it did not work when i tried to
place the REF within a header. What I am trying to do is to fill in a field
with the date and for this date to appear within the header of the document.
For some reason, when I try to reference the date field in the header it
doesnt allow me to do it. Can you help me further?

GJ

"GJ" wrote in message
I have a document where when i fill in a field it automatically fills a
text
box elsewhere in the document. I would like to know how to know how to
replicate this feature.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If the REF field is in the header it will not be updated automatically. You
would need to force an update eg by using a macro (sample code at
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm ) or you could, as Suzanne
suggests, use a Styleref field in conjunction with a character style applied
to the date field.