Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Chris Fearon Chris Fearon is offline

Default Table Border Madness

Word 2003

I have inserted a table (40 rows and 1 column) and using the €śGrid€ť option
have selected a double line as a table border. Now comes the problem. I
would like to use the same double line style to replace the default single
lines at specific row intervals. However, when I use the border/cell option,
I get the double line on the top of the row/cell and the bottom line
disappears altogether. I have played around with the row selection buttons
in so many ways to try to get what I want, but with no success. Is there a
different option sequence I should be using? Again, I want the table to have
the double line around the perimeter and replace the single horizontal row
line (the cell bottom line) with a double line on rows 1, 9, 17, 25, and 32.
I need all the other single lines to remain visible.

Thanks for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

"Chris Fearon" wrote:

Word 2003

I have inserted a table (40 rows and 1 column) and using the €śGrid€ť option
have selected a double line as a table border. Now comes the problem. I
would like to use the same double line style to replace the default single
lines at specific row intervals. However, when I use the border/cell option,
I get the double line on the top of the row/cell and the bottom line
disappears altogether. I have played around with the row selection buttons
in so many ways to try to get what I want, but with no success. Is there a
different option sequence I should be using? Again, I want the table to have
the double line around the perimeter and replace the single horizontal row
line (the cell bottom line) with a double line on rows 1, 9, 17, 25, and 32.
I need all the other single lines to remain visible.

Describe exactly how you proceed to apply the double-line border to some
selected rows in your table.
What menus/toolbar buttons/tools do you use?
In what sequence?
What is selected in the document?
How do you select the selection?
etc.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

On the table toolbar (right click in the toolbar area and choose it), find
the line style and border icons. Select the cell or row you want to change.
Select the double line style; then select and click the click the bottom
border icon. Your double line bottom border should appear without
disturbing the other lines.
(I don't have W2003 available just now, so may have gotten the names wrong.)

HTH,
PamC

Chris Fearon wrote:
Word 2003

I have inserted a table (40 rows and 1 column) and using the €śGrid€ť option
have selected a double line as a table border. Now comes the problem. I
would like to use the same double line style to replace the default single
lines at specific row intervals. However, when I use the border/cell option,
I get the double line on the top of the row/cell and the bottom line
disappears altogether. I have played around with the row selection buttons
in so many ways to try to get what I want, but with no success. Is there a
different option sequence I should be using? Again, I want the table to have
the double line around the perimeter and replace the single horizontal row
line (the cell bottom line) with a double line on rows 1, 9, 17, 25, and 32.
I need all the other single lines to remain visible.

Thanks for your help!

headings and TOC madness WG, LI Page Layout 5 October 24th 07 02:59 PM
Macro madness [email protected] Page Layout 4 May 4th 06 05:19 AM
Table Header Row Border extends past edge of table Bobbi Tables 0 March 1st 06 07:07 PM
Page madness Peter New Users 1 August 27th 05 01:50 PM
Merge Madness bbb Mailmerge 2 December 8th 04 03:55 PM