Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
dbuchanan dbuchanan is offline

Default Table header orphaned at the top of previous page

Word 2003
How to I get a table's header and contents to display together on the
same page?

The "Allow row to break across pages" option seting does not affect
this.
The rows are, without a doubt, small enough to fit on the same page as
the header.
The orphaned header can reside in the middle or the page or the top of
the page.

The table header still is orphaned with the remaining contents on
subsequent pages.

Here is what I have tried that made no difference...
I tried changing settings, closing and re-openeing the document.
I tried creating a new document and pasting the table into it.
I tried creating a new table in the new document and pasting cell by
cell into the new table.

One thing that fixes it is if clearing all the formatting of the text
within the cells. Clearing formatting is not acceptable. The
formatting is essential for reading the contents.

What do I do to fix this? Is there some known type of formating that
causes this and which I can avoid?

Thank you.
Doug