Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Bob Bob is offline

Default Saving table format as a style

I am using MS-Word 2003 and have formatted different parts of a table with
different fonts, shading, and spacing. I would like to save all of my
formatting to a "table style" so I can apply the same formatting to other
tables by merely selecting the table style. Is this possible? If so, could
someone kindly tell me the steps to do so?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You can save some types of formatting in a table style. The easiest way to
see which ones these are is to select one of the existing table styles in
the Format | Style (or Table | AutoFormat) dialog, click Modify, and observe
what the options are. Click Format in the Modify Style dialog to see what
things can be changed. Note that these do NOT include paragraph styles.

Beyond that, you can save a formatted table as an AutoText entry. When you
insert it, it will always have the same number of columns and rows, which
makes it less flexible than a table style but possibly less work in the long
run.

"Bob" wrote in message
I am using MS-Word 2003 and have formatted different parts of a table with
different fonts, shading, and spacing. I would like to save all of my
formatting to a "table style" so I can apply the same formatting to other
tables by merely selecting the table style. Is this possible? If so,
could
someone kindly tell me the steps to do so?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Bob Bob is offline

Suzanne,
Thanks for the info and help. I really appreciate it.
Bob