Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Gill Gill is offline

Default Need to re-orientate pages with tables on them

Hi folkes, hope someone can help me here as I am really stumped.

I've been given a project (a community plan) to convert to pdf. The problem
is that when the plan was created all the sections were created in seperate
documents which was fine until I found a document full of landscape tables.

The main document has to be portrait orientation so I need to change the
orientation of the landscape pages but of course that will upset the tables.
So Im asking if anyone knows of a way to change the orientation of the pages
with the tables.

Touch would I havnet confused anyone :0)

Thanks for any help offered whether it works or not
--
Gill
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Gill,

Word allows yo to have a document in which some pages are in portrait layout and others are landscape. To do this, you simply insert
Section breaks before & after each set of portrait & landscape pages, then format each Section as portrait or landscape as needed.

If you don't do that, then for each table that is too wide to fit the portrait pages you'll need to either:
.. transpose the table and rotate the text in all the cells in each table; or
.. split the table so that it doesn't have more columns that will fit between the margins.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Gill" wrote in message ...
Hi folkes, hope someone can help me here as I am really stumped.

I've been given a project (a community plan) to convert to pdf. The problem
is that when the plan was created all the sections were created in seperate
documents which was fine until I found a document full of landscape tables.

The main document has to be portrait orientation so I need to change the
orientation of the landscape pages but of course that will upset the tables.
So Im asking if anyone knows of a way to change the orientation of the pages
with the tables.

Touch would I havnet confused anyone :0)

Thanks for any help offered whether it works or not
--
Gill

Tables won't break across pages. Jim Wood Tables 18 March 31st 09 10:45 PM
Why tables moving to different pages and overlapping other tables Greg Tables 1 February 6th 08 11:34 AM
Tables in web pages sussexwolf Tables 1 June 28th 07 08:39 PM
Two pages of tables have merged! Help! [email protected] Page Layout 1 March 25th 07 03:53 PM
Tables span pages. The header AND caption should span tables. DeeFinalWord Tables 1 June 15th 06 06:36 PM