MKA

Default How do I skip line numbering on blank lines?

I'm doing some medical transcription work and I need to count the number of
lines for only those lines that having typing in them, NOT BLANK LINES OR
PARAGRAPHS. Some of my documents are so long, that i'm not going to manually
select each blank line and "suppress" it - this will take too long. Is there
any other way?
Greg Maxey

See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Count_Lines_of_Text.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

MKA wrote:
I'm doing some medical transcription work and I need to count the
number of lines for only those lines that having typing in them, NOT
BLANK LINES OR PARAGRAPHS. Some of my documents are so long, that
i'm not going to manually select each blank line and "suppress" it -
this will take too long. Is there any other way?

BioIP

The suggestion made by Suzanne Barnhill is really (in my opinion) the best
way to address your issue. If the document is already written, and you have
created blank lines using the return key, you might want to remove all blank
spaces using Word's Replace feature (cntrl H). First save the document so
that if things go wrong, you will still have your original. Then, instead of
typing text in the replace field, go to "Special" and enter paragraph TWICE
(type "^p^p" in the FIND field, but without the quotes and using lower case
"p"), and enter paragraph ONCE (type "^p") in the REPLACE field.
Try this on a sample document first to ensure that you understand how it
will work.

BioIP