Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
niladri chatterjee niladri chatterjee is offline

Default How to Change Default Oriention to LandScape?

Q1)
Using MS Office Word 2003. How do I set the default Orientation to Landscape?

File -Page Setup -Orientation does not retain the Landscape mode, when I
open the second document....

Q2)
Can I make a Directory Specific Oriention? Say for a Directory R:\Invoice\
only, I want all the .doc should open as "Landscape" only but rest of the
other doceuments (in other directory) will open in Word Default "Potrait" ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

niladri chatterjee was telling us:
niladri chatterjee nous racontait que :

Q1)
Using MS Office Word 2003. How do I set the default Orientation to
Landscape?

File -Page Setup -Orientation does not retain the Landscape mode,
when I open the second document....

You were almost there...
Click on Default... at the bottom of the same dialogue box after setting the
Landscape orientation.
This will save your changes in the currently active template, the Normal.dot
one if you have not created a specific one.

Q2)
Can I make a Directory Specific Oriention? Say for a Directory
R:\Invoice\ only, I want all the .doc should open as "Landscape" only
but rest of the other doceuments (in other directory) will open in
Word Default "Potrait" ?

No, unless you use a macro...

But, if all the documents from that folder could be based on a specific
template, then you could set that template to Landscape, and save all those
documents in that folder.

--
______________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
niladri chatterjee niladri chatterjee is offline

The .DOC Files I am generating from Fortram Program, in HP Alpha OpenVMS O/S
System. I FTP the .doc files and store in a folder like R:\PDFs\Invoice.

Yes, I can use Macro...please tell me how can I ensure when the document
opens from that R:\PDFs\Invoice, it must open only in Landscape Orientation
only.

Please note, other area .doc files should open in MS default Potrait...!

-niladri

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I suggest that you create a template set to landscape orientation and then
instruct the Invoice to open to that template and not to normal.
Obviously, you can add any Headers and Footers, CreateDate and any other
prerequisites to the template too.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"niladri chatterjee" wrote in