Torwyn

Default Text should continue in 2nd column, not start a new page....

I have an issue where I've got a two column table (single row), text
wrapping, set at a particular size, set to not "grow" the table when text
reaches the end of a given row. What I want is for the text to continue at
the top of the 2nd column as in a newspaper, instead of rolling down to start
another table on a new page. I want the text to start another table on the
full. Is it just me, or shouldn't this be one intuitive use for a table?
Jay Freedman

Torwyn wrote:
I have an issue where I've got a two column table (single row), text
wrapping, set at a particular size, set to not "grow" the table when
text reaches the end of a given row. What I want is for the text to
continue at the top of the 2nd column as in a newspaper, instead of
rolling down to start another table on a new page. I want the text
to start another table on the next page, in the 1st column, ONLY when
both columns of the previous page are full. Is it just me, or
shouldn't this be one intuitive use for a table?

That's the trouble with "intuitive", it's different for different people.
:-)

In Word, the contents of one cell cannot continue into another cell, in the
same or another row. If the cell contents run beyond the page length, you'll
get a continuation of the same cell on the next page.

In this case, you do *not* want a table, you want the Format Columns
feature (sometimes called "newspaper columns" or "snaking columns"). See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/UsingColumns.htm for information about
using this kind of information.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

How to continue writing text after a text box Alan Microsoft Word Help 2 May 6th 23 08:51 PM
Vertical text column, titling page? Luke Microsoft Word Help 2 February 22nd 05 01:30 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 03:49 PM
To flow text continiously in left column of the next page reji Microsoft Word Help 3 December 24th 04 04:11 PM
Created my own format on first page, want text to continue same. . Wordworrier Microsoft Word Help 1 December 12th 04 09:53 PM