k0s

Default Page Layout Still Incorrect

Hi,

The page layout issue still plagues me. I have used all the information
provided to me such as:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/shar...matChange.html
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm

But the document continues to not be the issue, but it seems to be my
machine. The document seems to display fine on a laptop of mine, but on my
desktop it still gives an issue. I have sent the document around and it
seems to be fine on everyone's end but mine.

Is there a way to find out whats going on? I have checked every possible
setting within Word I could think of (such as the Auto-formatting) but to no
avail. I have tried getting the original .dot file used to create the file,
but that dint help either. I checked to see if there were page breaks in the
document and there were not, and still the problem existed. I then put in
page breaks and that dint help either.

Any ideas?
Charles Kenyon

1) Look at your document with non-printing characters displayed. This is the
only way to get an idea of what is happening with your formatting.
2) Do not use empty paragraphs for spacing. Use Space-Before and Space-After
paragraph formatting (applied through styles).
3) Do not use manual page breaks. Use Page-break-before formatting on the
paragraph you want to begin your new page.

Install the same printer drivers on all machines. This is not easy to do and
may not be possible.

What is it about this that is causing you problems? Why does it matter?
(Someone here may be able to suggest something different you could do,
possibly outside of Word, to address your concerns if we knew what they
were.)
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.