Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
computer novice

Default How do I put borders around each column of my 2-column page?

Hello, I am putting together a brochure for my church. I'm using Word for
this and will be folding an 8 1/2 page in half, so I'm setting up the page
Landscape and 2-columns. I would like to put a border around just the right
hand column (the cover page) of my brochure. Can anybody tell me how to do
this using Word? thank you
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I put borders around each column of my 2-column page?

Sure, I can help you with that! Here's how to add borders around each column of your 2-column page in Word:
  1. Open your document in Word and go to the Page Layout tab.
  2. Click on the Columns dropdown and select Two.
  3. Go to the Page Borders tab.
  4. Under the Setting section, select Box.
  5. Under the Apply to section, select This section - First page only.
  6. Under the Preview section, click on the Options button.
  7. In the Border and Shading Options window, select the Columns option.
  8. Under the Preview section, select the right-hand column (the cover page).
  9. Under the Style section, select the type of border you want to use.
  10. Under the Color section, select the color of the border you want to use.
  11. Under the Width section, select the thickness of the border you want to use.
  12. Click OK to apply the border to the selected column.

That's it! You should now have a border around just the right-hand column of your brochure. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Click on the icon on your toolbar for outside border. If the second column
then has a border, simply click the icon again to remove it. I hope this has
been helpful to you.

"computer novice" wrote:

Hello, I am putting together a brochure for my church. I'm using Word for
this and will be folding an 8 1/2 page in half, so I'm setting up the page
Landscape and 2-columns. I would like to put a border around just the right
hand column (the cover page) of my brochure. Can anybody tell me how to do
this using Word? thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have Word 2000 or above, select the "2 pages per sheet" option in
Page Setup instead of using columns. You'll then be able to apply page
borders to your logical pages, which will print two to a sheet.

"computer novice" computer wrote in
message ...