Brackets around texts? What is that?

Old November 22nd 05, 05:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Brackets around texts? What is that?

Hi,

I was suprised that suddendly brackets have been set arround some texts
like:
[These ......customer.]
I can not remove the brackets. The brakets have 1/2 the colour of the
font.
When I copy and paste then the brackets do not follow.

Setting on the paragraph-marker did not help.

Thanks for help
Regards
Georg

Old November 22nd 05, 05:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Sounds like a bookmark. It is showing because you have the
ToolsOptionsViewShowBookmarks selected.

Why it is there is is hard to say. Look at InsertBookmarks and see
the bookmark name (you might have to check hidden bookmarks).

Old November 22nd 05, 05:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Thanks Greg and Garfield,

there were bookmarks.

Best regards
Georg