Table Text Alignment?

Old August 18th 10, 08:21 PM
MSWordGuy MSWordGuy is offline

Default Table Text Alignment?

Is there a way to stop MS Word from placing my text so close to the left edge of the cell? I want there to be some "breathing room."

Here is a screenshot of what I mean:
http://i.imgur.com/gIqXY.png

I am on Office 2008 for Mac.

Thanks for any help!
Old September 9th 10, 07:21 PM
Cheryl Hargraves Cheryl Hargraves is offline

Originally Posted by MSWordGuy View Post
Is there a way to stop MS Word from placing my text so close to the left edge of the cell? I want there to be some "breathing room."

Here is a screenshot of what I mean:
http://i.imgur.com/gIqXY.png

I am on Office 2008 for Mac.

Thanks for any help!
Although I do not use Mac, perhaps the answer is the same.

Option 1: Put your cursor inside the table, then right click to choose "table properties". Under table properties, under the "table" tab, choose "options", then adjust your default cell margins. (Mine defaults to 0" top and O" bottom, with 0.8" for left and right.)

Option 2: With your ruler turned on (so that you see your tabs/indentation marks, etc at the top)...

Place your cursor inside the cell that has the text you want to adjust, then slide the left and right indentation indicators towards the inside of the cell a bit.

You can also highlight the entire column if you want to adjust the margins for the entire column, rather than just a cell at a time.
Old November 17th 10, 10:14 AM
aleshaabbot aleshaabbot is offline

I really like all these information given by you and also the link, well I think that there are two main ways you can align text in a cell, horizontally and vertically.

Text alignment in table sudsy Tables 1 March 10th 10 02:22 PM
Table text style alignment is ignored Mike Faulkner Tables 9 August 3rd 08 08:07 AM
Text alignment in a table using Word 2003 BillVa Microsoft Word Help 2 April 6th 08 11:19 PM
Table text alignment Dominic Microsoft Word Help 4 August 24th 05 10:31 PM
vertical text alignment in a table Sean S. Tables 4 November 27th 04 10:51 PM