Bails Bails is offline
Junior Member

Default TOC for appendix

I have written a Standard Operating Procedure on how to write an SOP which has an appendix detailing how the SOP should look when completed.

I have restarted Heading Numbers in the Appendix document.

How do I stop the Appendix Heading Numbers from appearing in the Table of Contents for the main document.

i.e. My table of contents shows Heading 1 to Heading 14 then repeats the Numbers for the Appendix 1 to 14 again. I dont want to include the numbers for the appendix.

Clear as mud!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...ppendixes.html and
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...ableOfContents

Pam

Bails wrote:
I have written a Standard Operating Procedure on how to write an SOP
which has an appendix detailing how the SOP should look when
completed.

I have restarted Heading Numbers in the Appendix document.

How do I stop the Appendix Heading Numbers from appearing in the Table
of Contents for the main document.

i.e. My table of contents shows Heading 1 to Heading 14 then repeats
the Numbers for the Appendix 1 to 14 again. I dont want to include the
numbers for the appendix.

Clear as mud!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Bails wrote:
I have written a Standard Operating Procedure on how to write an SOP
which has an appendix detailing how the SOP should look when
completed.

I have restarted Heading Numbers in the Appendix document.

How do I stop the Appendix Heading Numbers from appearing in the Table
of Contents for the main document.

i.e. My table of contents shows Heading 1 to Heading 14 then repeats
the Numbers for the Appendix 1 to 14 again. I dont want to include the
numbers for the appendix.

Clear as mud!!

Appendix TOC Alectrical Microsoft Word Help 3 September 24th 09 05:57 PM
Appendix "pointing" to wrong appendix! Henn9660 Microsoft Word Help 4 April 2nd 09 11:28 PM
Appendix Help!! pmwallis Page Layout 1 October 14th 08 06:30 PM
Appendix Phil Ardussi[_3_] Formatting Long Documents 2 August 13th 08 12:01 AM
Appendix Numbering. Mark L[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 4 August 28th 07 05:53 PM