Fixing MS Word 2007 Default Template

Old November 18th 08, 01:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RcJ2

Default Fixing MS Word 2007 Default Template

I've ran into a problem that has bugged me to no end. For some unknown
reason, each time I open up Word 2007, I get something called "document4" and
the margins are horribly wrong. I've assumed that something happened to my
Normal template so I've done a search for it and came up with nothing.

How do I change back to my default settings or add a "Normal" template to
whatever location it should go into?
Old November 18th 08, 01:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

In the folder C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates, find the file Normal.dotx (or it might be
Normal.dotm if you have created any macros in it) and rename it to
Normal.old. Then restart Word and it will create a new Normal.dotx
template.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Old November 18th 08, 05:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

It will not however fix the 'Document4' issue which is more likely caused by
orphaned lock files - http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm
and I wouldn't be at all surprised if http://www.gmayor.com/white_space.htm
fixes the margins isue.

--