Check boxes in a Word form

Old December 14th 04, 10:59 PM
nchambers

Default Check boxes in a Word form

How can I avoid creating huge documents when I want to use lots of check
boxes. The problem seems to be that each check box has some visual basic code
attached to it, but I don't really want to run code, I just want to be able
to tick or untick the boxes.
Old December 14th 04, 11:37 PM

It sounds as if you may be using ActiveX controls (from the Control Toolbox)
instead of check boxes from the Forms toolbar. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and especially
the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

Old December 14th 04, 11:37 PM
Charles Kenyon

Consider using checkboxes instead of tick boxes. Otherwise, you can add just
a couple of macros for tick boxes and have them work. There are a number of
ways to create and use clickable checkboxes in documents / templates. Some
require protected or locked forms, others do not. Take a look at the
Checkbox template available at
http://www.addbalance.com/word/downl...#CheckboxAddIn for an exploration
of these.

--