A Microsoft Word forum. Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter forum » Microsoft Word Newsgroups » Mailmerge
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

mail merge font and hidden rows

Old July 26th 12, 07:16 PM

First recorded activity by WordBanter: Jul 2012
Default mail merge font and hidden rows

Hello,

I am using a table in word 2003 with mail merge and an excel table. I have three columns in an 8 row table. The left most contains a standard like "purchases", the middle contains a check mark if that standard was met, and the right most contains an explanation. I need the text in the left most column to appear only if a person is eligible (i've done this with an if then statement) and appear bolded if they are eligible, but do not have a check mark. I've managed to get the check marks to work (linked them with an if then statement to my table), i just need to know what kind of nested statement i would need to have a text like "purchases" appear only for eligible persons, and then as "purchases bold" for eligible persons who do not have a check...and then not show up for non eligible persons. Does that make sense? I also need a function to delete empty rows (i.e.rows which contain standards for which a person is not eligible). Please help
Ads