Spell Check Macro Office 2003 Word Form fields

Old June 21st 05, 10:31 PM
marcia_mcmahon

Default Spell Check Macro Office 2003 Word Form fields

I had a macro for spell checking forms for Office 97 Word form fields. The
macro is not working for Office 2003 based Word form fields. Here is my old
macro...

Sub FormsSpellCheck()

' If document is protected, Unprotect it.
If ActiveDocument.ProtectionType wdNoProtection Then
ActiveDocument.Unprotect Password:=""
End If

' Set the language for the document.
Selection.WholeStory
Selection.LanguageID = wdEnglishUS

' Perform Spelling/Grammar check.
If Options.CheckGrammarWithSpelling = True Then
'ActiveDocument.CheckGrammar
ActiveDocument.CheckSpelling
Else
ActiveDocument.CheckSpelling
End If

' ReProtect the document.
If ActiveDocument.ProtectionType = wdNoProtection Then
ActiveDocument.Protect Type:=wdAllowOnlyFormFields, NoReset:=True
End If

End Sub
Old June 21st 05, 11:10 PM
Charles Kenyon

See http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Macros...ProtectDoc.htm. The
macro there works in Word 2003 and is the product of a lot of time by some
very smart people. Hope it helps.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.