check boxes in Word 2000

Old June 22nd 05, 03:48 PM
Marcel

Default check boxes in Word 2000

I have made a document using form fields and check boxes. And I have protect
hte document. After filling some of the form fields and check boxes I started
to make some changes in the document (after unprotecting). When I protected
the document again, I lost the contents of the check boxes. I have locked the
form fields using CTRL+F11. How do I lock the check boxes?
Old June 23rd 05, 12:17 AM
Jay Freedman

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...lfResetOff.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Old June 23rd 05, 02:01 PM
Marcel

Thanks Jay, this works fine for me. But what should I do, when I send this
document to somebody else and they need to unprotect/protect the document.

Best regards,
Marcel

Old June 23rd 05, 03:07 PM
Charles Kenyon

You don't ... send a document protected for forms to someone else expecting
that they will unprotect it. You can permanently unprotect sections. In Word
2002 + the padlock on the forms toolbar will not reset form fields.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.