Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Fairfield Seniors

Default Getting Extra Page

I have a document where Section 1: is the width of the page and takes about
1/8 the page.
Section 2: has two columns under section 1, and takes about a 1/2 page.

Both these sections take up no more than 3/4 of an upright page.

However in print view I have two pages showing.
The second page has nothing on it and indicates section 4.

How do I go about deleting this second page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

In that case, go to the Layout tab of Page Setup for the second section and
change the section start type from "New page" back to "Continuous."

"Fairfield Seniors" wrote in message
No footnotes in either section.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Are there footnotes in either section?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Fairfield Seniors" wrote in message
I have a document where Section 1: is the width of the page and takes

about
1/8 the page.
Section 2: has two columns under section 1, and takes about a 1/2 page.

Both these sections take up no more than 3/4 of an upright page.

However in print view I have two pages showing.
The second page has nothing on it and indicates section 4.

How do I go about deleting this second page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Fairfield Seniors

It was set at "Continuous"
I noticed I had a section 3 (at the bottom of page 1) it was set at
"Continuous" also.
The second page it indicated section 4, it was set at "New Page"
I changed it to "Continuous" also.
However, none of this worked. I still get 2 pages.

How do I get rid of section 3 and 4?
Maybe that will correct the problem.

Thanks for you help,
I'm sure there must be a solution to this problem.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Okay, I missed the fact that your second page is empty. It sounds like
you've got way more section breaks than you need, but see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm

[...]

"Fairfield Seniors" wrote in

message
I have a document where Section 1: is the width of the page and

takes
about
1/8 the page.
Section 2: has two columns under section 1, and takes about a 1/2
page.

Both these sections take up no more than 3/4 of an upright page.

However in print view I have two pages showing.
The second page has nothing on it and indicates section 4.

How do I go about deleting this second page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Fairfield Seniors

I've reviewed the document.
Could not find...how to deleted sections that I do not need or want.
If I could delete just one section, section 4, then maybe that hidden
paragraph
would appear in section 3, on page 1.

Just where do I find: How to delete an unwanted section?

Again Thanks