Way to update some fields but not others?

Old December 7th 05, 09:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Way to update some fields but not others?

Is there a way to update all fields in a document EXCEPT FOR the embedded
graphics files? We have a document with embedded graphics that's going to 2
different customers. Every time we update the document for cross-references,
etc., the embedded graphics revert back to the embedded graphics for the
OTHER customer. How can we get around this?

Old December 8th 05, 05:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

I would lock or unlink the embedded graphics that you don't want updated.
Another option would be a macro that updates fields other than linked files.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Old December 8th 05, 02:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Yes, or use a macro that picks them out.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You could lock the graphics fields (Ctrl+F11).

so
all may benefit.