Nic

Default All autotext entries lost

I used to have a very large (500+) list of autotext entries. When I have
come to use them today the default settings are back as if word has just been
installed. Is there anyway I can get my autotexts back?
SVC

By default AutoText entries are stored in your Normal.dot template. If the
template was deleted for any reason, check your recycle bin to see if it is
there. If so, retore it.

Also, have you saved a backup copy somewhere else on your computer? If not,
you might want to consider it.

"Nic" wrote:

I used to have a very large (500+) list of autotext entries. When I have
come to use them today the default settings are back as if word has just been
installed. Is there anyway I can get my autotexts back?

Charles Kenyon

AutoText is stored in templates, in normal.dot by default. I find it best to
store mine in a separate global template just because things seem to
"happen" to normal.dot and because they are more easily shared in a separate
global template. If you have a backup of the template that was used to store
your AT entries, then you can easily restore them using the Organizer. See
http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step instructions
on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations including
AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros, etc.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.